photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

I am in love with this bedroom by Tom Stringer. It is absolute perfection!

For a while now, I have been collecting images of beautiful and inspiring images. Just last year, my own bedroom underwent a makeover of its own, though it isn't quite finished. We painted our walls Benjamin Moore's Plymouth Rock (a taupey-grey), bought crisp, white bedding, and purchased new lamps. However, seeing these gorgeous images makes me want to take the room in a whole new direction. I am glad that we chose a white duvet with a white monogram because I can easily update the look of the room by adding new decorative pillows and maybe even curtains, which would be much less expensive than a complete overhaul. Anyhow, I just wanted to share some bedrooms in which I would love to lay my little head at night. Sweet dreams!



Nate Berkus utilized a gorgeous gilt headboard, monogrammed linens, and an antique end table in this bedroom.

I love the linens Nate Berkus chose for this room.


Amanda Nisbet's Celadon Confection

I love the use of the greek key pattern in this room by Nisbet.

Jennifer Dyer pulls together so many different elements beautifully in this bedroom.

A Room at the AC Palacio Hotel in Madrid
There is something so sexy about a bedroom filled with books!

Mellow Yellow from Domino

The bedroom of J.Crew's creative director, Jenna Lyons, as seen in Domino

The bedroom of Pieces' Lee Kleinheiter.
You could recreate the look with the new trellis quatrefoil mirror from Ballard Designs!

Thomas O'Brien's bedroom

A Decidedly Masculine Bedroom by Todd Romano

I love the bedding, super dark stain on the floors, and contrasting wall colors used by Will Meyer in this room.

I don't remember who designed this room. Tisk, tisk, I know. I love the rich chocolate color, graphic patterns, and hint of orange. Does anyone have any idea whose room this is?

This chic room is from a Houston real estate listing from back in 2007 and served as the inspiration for my own unfinished bedroom.

A fun room by Erinn Valencich

Kenneth Brown employed bold color choices for this lovely room.

A cozy, serene, and sophisticated room from Martha Stewart. Would you expect anything less?

This awesome room is by the extraordinarily talented Mary McDonald. I love the rich colors, greek key pillows, vintage end tables, the cool pagoda-inspired headboard... the list goes on!

This charming little room from Domino makes me feel so wistful. Can't you imagine going to stay with your grandparents/ aunt/ cousins in upstate New York or Maine during your teenage years and having the loveliest most romantic summer during which you met the boy of your dreams...Oh, wait. Is that just me? It just looks like the perfect, little summer room.

I love the headboard used by Vanessa De Vargas of Turquoise L.A. for this bedroom.

Another Fabulous Domino Bedroom


Don't forget to join in on the dialogue and fun over at
Decorum Design Forum! There is still time to be entered into the fabulous drawing!

13 comments:

Checks & Stripes said...

Great bedrooms! I believe the brown bedroom is by Phoebe Howard.

Lauren said...

Paloma! So many beauties!!! At first I thought I was sort of figuring out your style- clean, timeless with a hint of pattern/ fun/ femininity (like the headboard or chandelier or a fabric) but then they just kept coming & I gave up!! haha gorgeous bedrooms
xoxo

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh love all the dark chocolate bedrooms. So pretty. I love using neutrals in bedding. I tend to change my mind quite easily and get the urge to paint so with my white bedding it's easy to switch it up with just a gallon of paint.

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am going to put this entire post in my design file. I cannot wait to redo my bedroom!

Unknown said...

Lauren, that is funny!I would definitely say that my personal style is more like what you described, but I can appreciate good design regardless of the form. I think all of the rooms in this post are beautiful, but I wouldn't necessarily replicate every single one of them in my own home.

Uncle Beefy said...

I think I'm really drawn to the room Preston Lee did. It has a nice polish but feels more personal. Like real people actually live there. But, c'mon, this is a gorgeous assortment. (Jenna Lyons' room is kinda hot in a dark, minimalist way.)

Louisa said...

I love the antique end table in the first Nate Berkus pic! Great images all around!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous images. Makes me anxious to get my bedroom done. I can not wait to get my upholstered headboard.

Anonymous said...

that first one is my DREAM bedroom..I am printing this post for my binder as we speak!

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for 99% of all men when I say that I will never understand the need for 4+ pillows on a bed. :) Nevertheless, very cool bedrooms...

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I have been waiting for you to do a post on bedrooms because I knew it wouldn't disappoint! I love the colors of Preston Lee's room, the sexiness of the hotel room in Madrid, the simplicity of the J Crew room, the moldings on Kenneth Brown's walls, and the slight femininity of your inspiration room. Now combine all of that and you have my ULTIMATE bedroom!

x Kylie

Unknown said...

Neill, you definitely speak for my husband! He thinks my affinity for pillows is so dumb. LOL!

Thanks, Kylie! Preston's is one of my favorites as well. I love your ideal combination. :) Did you ever find a new bed for your room?

No.35style said...

i love the preston lee bedroom...wonder what color the walls are? I like jenna's bedroom (whole house actually) turquoise's headboard fabric and lee's bedroom in the bottom picture.