photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Color Crush: Indigo


{Thomas Britt’s Dramatic Living Room via New York Social Diary}
 
I am a very visual person by nature. I'm pretty sure you are too, if you read design blogs. Lately, I've been drawn to certain colors more than ever before-- one of which is indigo. People often attribute the color blue to depression, but I couldn't disagree more when it comes to certain hues, especially indigo. I can't get enough of this beautifully saturated shade of blue.
 
{Gorgeous Indigo Lacquered Walls in a Room by Miles Redd}
{Indigo Chest, Rug, and Blue Ikat in a Chic Room by Miles Redd}
{Mary McDonald’s Glamorous Blue Bedroom}
{Pierre Soulages, Composition, 1988}
{Cobalt Blue Birkin}
{Peter Som Resort 2013}
{Tory Burch in an Indigo Skirt from her New Collection}

image
image
image


 
 

9 comments:

Ines said...

Blue is a fascinatingly color. In all varieties.
Indigo is a poweful color. I have some wonderful indigo higheels and they look great.
I love the big blue bag and this really elegant bedroom!
Enjoy your day!
Love,Ines

Lilacandgrey said...

LOVES!!
YOUR INVITED to ENTER this Giveaway!

Anonymous said...

The room with the indigo lacquered walls is by Todd Romano.

Unknown said...

I am loving everything about this post! Especially that lapis tassel pendant!

Over the Moon

mikky said...

One of my fav colours. Love the skirks and that Birkin.

:)
mikky
www.todaloos.com

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Fantastic! I love seeing color and what and how it attracts fashion and interior followers!
The lacquered walls are stunning!
Have a great week
Jamie Herzlinger

urban rustic said...

I agree. Ive just come back from a holiday looking at the Mediterranean everyday and am smitten with blue. Indigo and cobalt especially. I wondered the same thing, how could it possibly be associated with depression? The most wonderful uplifting colour in my happy palette definitely. Love these images and mood. Right where my head's at. So much of this lovely colour on the streets in Cannes, Sicily & Rome where I was v. fortunate indeed to spend a few weeks far away from my everyday life in Australia. So refreshing to see. Thanks

Anne said...

I'm not a blue person but I am in love with that blue painted chest from MIles Redd, one of my favorites anyway.

Atlanta Interior Designer said...

Beautiful bedroom! I love the perfect combination of white and blue.