photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Favorite Room: Emily Ruddo of Armonia Decors

Happy Spring LDV readers! It's Emily Ruddo of Armonia Decors. I am super excited that Paloma invited me to be a part of her designer "My Favorite Room Series". Paloma was the first blogger/editor to publish my work in High Gloss Magazine so I am always happy to share on her blog. 

Picking a favorite room for me is like picking a favorite child or pet for most but ultimately I chose the dining room because I love to entertain.  I am in the process of decorating my new dining room but these images are still my favorite from my previous home. I have a serious obsession for table top items like glassware, napkin rings and table linens so I am always up for hosting.  Fresh flowers along with healthy homemade food and drinks is all I need for creating a colorful table. Now that spring has finally arrived in most places around the US, I thought these photographs would inspire you to host your own spring gathering. Enjoy!

For this spring look I chose similar shaped glass vases in varying heights and filled them with my favorite colorful spring flowers in bold shades of pink, orange and lilac. You can also remove the lids of your apothecary jars and use them as vessels.  For a more modern look each vase is filled with the same flower but together they pack a serious spring punch. Since the tablecloth is patterned and colorful, the clear vases and white plates keep the attention on the flowers and linens.


Having raspberry upholstered dining chairs definitely limits what table linens I can use but the colors in this one were a perfect compliment. The napkins are in the matching colors but a different pattern. Mixing the patterns keeps the vibe casual. I also like to keep my table round for more intimate gatherings but it extends to an oval size for bigger parties.


When I am shopping for clients I always keep an eye out for unique table top items that create a layered and colorful look. I chose blue tumbler and pink stemmed glasses rather than boring clear glasses. You could also add in a hyacinth or wicker placemat for added layering and texture. I am a big fan of mixing patterns but a bold solid napkin with a beaded or unique napkin ring would also work well.


More is more to me when it comes to flowers. I used vibrant orange and fuchsia ranunculus, pink roses and fragrant lilac.   I could spend hours at the LA Flower mart! Maybe one day I will take a formal flower arranging class but for now, I keep things casual with a loose out of the garden look. 


Here is an everyday look at the dining room with the table extended.  The oval size is perfect for a buffet table and for adding another seat at the table easily. I highly recommend having the flexibility of an extension if you are shopping for a new dining table.

Thanks again to Paloma for having me on the blog today!  Feel free to check out my Instagram and Pinterest pages for more inspiration. 

xo,
Emily
Images courtesy of Emily Ruddo, photographed by Meghan Beierle-O'Brien

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow everything is so pretty!
i love it all...
Nicky x

Unknown said...

wow! everything is so pretty and beautiful. i love it all...
Nicky x

Danielle {Envision Pretty} said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Jaymi said...

beautiful pictures!

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

That room is sooooooooo lovely! Has to be one of the best rooms I have seen this year.

Hannah said...

Oh wow, seriously so gorgeous.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

Jeanne/Cozy•Stylish•Chic said...

Ahhh - fuchsia…my favorite color. I love everything about it! I loved how you incorporated turquoise, orange, and I love the contrast of the green stems. White walls don't look boring if you incorporate bright pops of color like you've done here!

Ines said...

A really female room. Those chairs are sooooo beautiful!
Love, Ines