photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Favorite Room: The Peak of Tres Chic

Happy Tuesday LDV readers!  My name is Sam Penner and I share my love of fashion, travel and interior design on my blog, The Peak of Très Chic.  I am a Houstonian like Paloma and have been lucky enough to meet her in person, so when she asked me to share my favorite room with you,  of course I was delighted!  I recently participated in a blogger "One Room Challenge", and in the process turned an empty room in to a home office.  I recently launched my own interior design business and have been trying to get organized and inspired.
  Here is the finished product:





I found this python upholstered office chair at a furniture store and immediately knew I had to have it!  I am a big proponent of animal prints.  The leopard print pillows below are from Arianna Belle and the hot pink ones are from Sally Wheat's booth at Memorial Antiques & Interiors:



This large console is a lifesaver.  It stores my printer/scanner, my fabric baskets and my paint samples.  I try to end every day by restocking my fabrics and filing paperwork to keep everything organized and the console helps to hide the "less pretty" things:





Can you tell I love my coffee table books?  I've looked at my Allegra Hicks book a few too many times I think. 

 And what would a designer's office be without an inspiration board? 


I finished installing the room about a month ago, and since then working from here has been pure bliss.  Before then, I worked from my kitchen table or the nearest coffee shop.  I never had an official spot to work or blog from, so I had to transport my laptop and materials everywhere.  I never knew that having a space to call my own would bring me such sanity!  It helps me be more productive and organized because I'm not changing the spot I work from each day, and surrounding myself with things I love helps inspire me.
Thank you for letting me share it with you today! 

Thank you for the opportunity to post, Paloma, and I hope you all will come say "hi" at The Peak of Très Chic!

9 comments:

Tiffany Leigh said...

Love it Sam! Congrats on the feature :). I posted today about coveting that Allegra Hicks book. Hopefully I will love mine as much as you clearly love yours! xo

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Thanks for inviting me to participate, Paloma!

Anonymous said...

So excited to see Sam and her office on LDV!! She has such amazing taste.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Definitely a great space to love! You did an amazing job Sam! I esp love that pencil holder-so cute!

Katie Taylor said...

You did such a great job!!! Everything looks fab!

Katie
spraypaintandchardonnay.com

Miriam Nikol said...

This is gorgeous! I am so impressed from the ideas shown on the pictures that I would definitely try at least two of them. As being a chick-girl, I prefer catchy and modern design ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Yours sincerely, Miriam Nikol - project manager in cleaners Reading services.

Anonymous said...

Amazing post. i love all the images of this post. Thanks for sharing this.
Modular Kitchen Collection

Sadie + Stella said...

Love my girl Sam AND her style. She is totally fabulous!

Holly Foxen Wells of Glamour Mash said...

SUCh a fantastic space... especially love it cause I own that Python tray too! Great decorator minds think alike!

xx
Holly Foxen Wells
GlamourMash