photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Top 3 Strategies for Success

Hello beautiful LDV readers. Melanie Duncan here with another post to help you work smarter and live larger. I've worked with thousands of entrepreneurs around the world and lately some very strong themes have emerged regarding what it takes to become successful. So if it's alright with you, I'd like to share with you 3 very important strategies for success.

1. The grass grows where you water it. Do you ever look at successful people and assume that they have always been good at what they are good at? My research proves that this assumption is entirely FALSE! Make a list of the top 5 skills that you need to become successful in your industry and then spend your time focusing on bettering yourself in those areas. Remember you don't have to be good to start, but you have to start to be good!
2. You create your own limitations. The truth is that it is entirely up to us what we can and cannot do. Think that you could never start an online business because you're not techy? Have you avoided selling your services because you don't have a website? Not having a resource at your fingertips is not an excuse, it's just something to add to your "to do" list. Don't let attainable projects paralyze you with fear.

3. Never take "no" for an answer. Now this strategy definitely requires some thinking outside of the box, but it is unmatched in it's importance. When pursuing what you want to pursue there will be plenty of obstacles in your path, but a solution is never out of reach. You just have to learn to stick with it and try more ideas than anyone else. I run my Southern California apparel and home decor businesses from NYC. Why? Because I wanted to. People think I'm crazy, but I think not doing what you want to do with your life is even crazier.

So what's holding you back from taking the leap and doing something that you've always wanted to do? I'd love to learn more about you in the comments.


To your success.xx
Melanie

10 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

What lovely pictures and inspiration! I love the framed wedding photo on your desk. xx

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

wow - i really loved this segment. thanks for the inspiration melanie and paloma!

Mary Mac said...

I LOVE when Paloma and guest posters talk about following your dreams. I work in a trade showroom and have been wanting to make the leap to start my own design business but have always talked myself out of it because I was scared. DRUM ROLL please... I am finally doing it! Had my first paint consultation and loved it. I have a long way to go but it's a step in the right direction. Thanks for your posts and your quotes of the day... they really have given me the courage to believe in my dreams!

Melanie said...

Congratulations Mary!

preppylove said...

I love that planner so much! Do you mind saying where you got it?

A Daly Edit said...

Great inspiration and lovely photos :)

Cyn said...

Love this post, thanks (and your house is fab! I also love the emerald planner, please share the source...Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Peltier Interiors said...

GREAT advice and the perfect inspiration to get me going for the day. Thanks!

Miya @ Design Indulgences said...

love the quotes and the second image with the branches and blooms. Beautiful

Donna Hoffman Interiors said...

Perfectly said, you don't have to be good to start, but you have to start to be good! Great inspirational post...