photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, August 16, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 08.16.13

Mary McDonald | House Beautiful | Living Room

This week’s “Fabulous Room” is a soothing Los Angeles living room by Mary McDonald, featured in the September issue of House Beautiful. It happens to be my favorite issue in a long time—so, SO good! The room is decidedly neutral and much more pared down than anything we’ve seen from Mary in the past, but it is no less beautiful. I love when well-known designers venture into the unexpected while maintaining some of their signature touches.

Mary McDonald | House Beautiful | Living Room The warm, neutral palette and combination of rich, beautiful textures works rather nicely together. I love that Mary selected such a warm grey that almost passes for brown. Mary wanted to created a relaxed French-inspired meets Los Angeles vibe with just a dash of industrial sparseness. Industrial has never looked so luxe!

Mary McDonald | House Beautiful | Living Room I love the pair of distressed klismos chairs, the beautiful sofa, and tufted bench. In fact, all of the seating is fabulous. I also really like the layered rugs and the overall symmetry in the room. What is your favorite element in this room? Do you like the neutral palette or do you prefer an infusion of color?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Signature-3

{Images via House Beautiful}

5 comments:

Dawna Jones Design said...

Your right such a difference from her previous work and yet probably my favorite room to date!

Anonymous said...

This room is beautiful; The neutral palette is perfect. I love color in certain aspects of my life, but when it comes to my home I love to keep it neutral.

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Love following your blog! Just caught up on recent posts!
Love, Jamie Herzlinger

Maryam said...

What a gorgeous interior, but I have to say I'd need a little colour injection if I were to live there.

Maryam @softandcosy.com

The Office Stylist said...

Such a beautiful space! Love the cabinet in the second to last picture! SO gorgeous! I love the completely neutral pallet because it allows for a variety of accent colors!

--Sayeh, The Office Stylist