photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 13, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 09.13.13


Happy Friday, everyone! We've had such a wonderful time in London over the past week and are sad to be going home today. Just as our vacation comes to an end, so does "Best of British" week here on LDV. Martyn Lawrence Bullard is undoubtedly one of the most well known British design expats today. I can't imagine he needs much of an introduction as most of you are probably very well acquainted with Martyn thanks to Bravo's Million Dollar Decorators and from his frequently published projects, including the Hollywood Hills home of actress, Ellen Pompeo which appeared in ELLE DECOR. The architecture of the home, and the living room in particular is absolutely stunning. Martyn's use of casual textiles and the informal furniture arrangement lend an elegant ease to the room. The result is warm and beautifully layered.

{The room features an assortment of vintage furniture and textiles, photographs by Sebastiao Salgado, and a pair of woven chairs from JF Chen.} 

As Martyn would say-- I hope your weekend is delicious!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Martyn and love this space! This is a little more muted for him and I haven't seen it before. Love it! So glad you've had a great trip and have loved seeing your pictures on instagram!

designchic said...

I completely obsessed with his design and this image is amazing - warm, inviting and livable...just the way I like my rooms! Hope you've had a great weekend ~

Abdullah Home Textile said...

HI PALOMA
It is absolutely best of Britsh. Your work has been great. Good post again. I love your work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these tips. This is just what I have been looking for. Thank you so much! I adore your blog & all of your projects!!! You made my day:).