photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, September 20, 2013

Fabulous Room Friday 09.20.13

What a week it has been! After spending last week in London, I returned home to a huge pile of work and hit the ground running. I’ve been going non-stop all week. I really think I am going to have to get an assistant soon, but I’ll be honest with you, the idea scares. I need to find someone trustworthy and hard-working who is passionate about design to assist me with my design work, some clerical work, as well as helping out on the blog side. I am getting closer and closer to taking the plunge and looking for someone, but it seems so daunting! I am so thankful to have the amazing projects that I do, but there just aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done—design work, client meetings, product sourcing, clerical work and managing orders, editorial planning, researching and writing blog posts, managing blog/brand partnerships and ad campaigns, speaking engagements—the list goes on! I’m either going to have to find a way to clone myself or bite the bullet and look for a fabulous assistant. What are your thoughts on hiring help? I could certainly use some advice!

Having said all of that, all I want to do this weekend is take a long, relaxing bath with the book I’ve been trying to get through for the past four months, but haven’t had the time to read. It probably won’t happen, but a girl can dream! If I could choose any bathroom to linger in, it would be this marble-swathed dream created by Sara Ruffin Costello. The use of bookended slabs is so decadent! It really looks as if the room and tub were carved out of the walls and floors, doesn’t it? The classic fittings and fixtures look fabulous juxtaposed against the modern skylight. The garden stool provides just the right amount of color in this stunning bathroom while the Bergere chair adds the perfect amount of femininity in this bachelor’s bathroom. Isn’t it a gorgeous space?

Have a wonderful weekend! Again, any advice you might have about hiring an assistant would be greatly appreciated. Merci beaucoup!

Signature-3

10 comments:

Angela @ The Decadence Project said...

I definitely think you should hire an assistant! Finding someone you trust is imperative, of course, but having a helping hand will make your life exponentially more manageable. Maybe look at design schools? Students are always eager to get experience.

As for free time, whew! I hear ya!! For the past 2yrs, I've carved out Friday nights for "me time". I don't schedule anything and daydream all week about how I want to relax. I can't tell you how invaluable that one evening is. My friends, family, clients, etc know I don't schedule things on Friday nights and it's a boundary I'm so glad I established.

Good luck and bon weekend! Wishing you relaxation however you can find it.

Dana said...

LOVE that room!!! wow. the marble is absolutely amazing!

www.thecasualclassic.com

Colette (Coco) said...

I think I'm in love....

Home Chic Club said...

I don`t think, I am in love! :)
xoxoxo
Vesna

Unknown said...

I'm digging the marble tub, how luxurious!

Tammy Culpepper said...

I hear ya!! I find where I'm slipping the most is managing my time sheets and invoices, which means I'm only hurting myself. Agh!:)

I'm so impressed that you even have a second left to work on your blog and do it so well. Still wondering why I thought I would have the free time to write a blog on the side. Oh my!

Remember that I still have the name of a design student that is looking for an internship. I personally don't know much about him but could definitely find out more or pass on his info.

I'm looking forward to meeting you finally at Design Camp. Who knows maybe we'll run in to each other at the airport!:)

Good luck with everything, from the looks of your Instagram pics you have some great projects going on!!

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Beautiful room and gorgeous post!
Love following your blog!
Love, Jamie Herzlinger

Kay said...

I'm a jewelry design student, starting my own business and working part-time as a copywriter and trust me, I know how you feel. There are days when I get up at 5AM and work on my stuff at university workshops the whole morning, then after lunch I move to the agency office and I'm happy if I come back home by 10PM. It gets even worse when the end of semester approaches, hahah. On the other hand, I know plenty of people who work insane hours, so we're not let in this alone :))hugs, Kay

Arpi Nalbandian said...

The natural lighting and use of marble in this bathroom is stunning. I could live here!

Lino Kosters said...

The bathroom has a combination of a minimalistic and elegant touch. Installing a large skylight was a great idea because it justified the white theme for the area. You don't need to think about having a grand lighting fixture as the skylight will already be the one to let light in.

Lino Kosters @ Arrys Roofing