photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Do Tell: What would you like to know about blogging and social media?

Layout 1

I am honored (and a little nervous!) to be speaking on the subject of blogging and social media at two events in the next two weeks. First, Christian May of Maison 21, Julie Thigpen of Belle Maison, and I will be speaking on a panel about Career Blogging at Design Camp in Orange County, CA this Friday. Are any of you going to Design Camp? I went to my first camp in January and came away so inspired and motivated that it helped me accelerate the transition of working from someone else to starting my design firm and embarking  on my dream of a career in interior design. I haven’t looked back since!

For my fellow Houstonians, I will be speaking on a panel on Wednesday, October 16th as part of the Fall Market Afternoon Keynote at the Decorative Center Houston. The panel will be moderated by social media maven, Leslie Carothers and will focus on how my fellow designers and I have used social media to generate business. The panel will also feature Sarah Brooks Eilers of Lucas/Eilers Design Associates, Lauren Haskett of Lauren Haskett Fine Design and Material Girls, Meg Lonergan of LeSueur Interiors, and Samantha Penner of The Peak of Tres Chic. I am thrilled to be speaking on a panel with my design peers and friends!

Having been to a lot of networking events and design conferences, I feel like a lot of the same information is often repeated. My hope is to be able to inspire those who attend these events and to give you pertinent information that you can put into action in your own lives right away. So do tell—what would you most like to know about social media and blogging?

If you’re attending Design Camp in Orange County this week, be sure to say hello! Houston friends, I’d love to see you at our social media panel at the Decorative Center next Wednesday, October 16th at 2:00 pm!

Snip20131007_51 P.S. A big thanks goes out to Casa Sugar for including me on their list of the Top 10 Interior Designers to Follow on Pinterest! I am honored to be included among friends and design icons such as Grant K. Gibson, Hilary Thomas, Summer Thornton, Ross Cassidy, and Kelly Wearstler.

Signature-3

8 comments:

tkpleslie said...

Good morning, Paloma!

Thank you for such a great post and I am so happy to have you joining my panel next Wednesday, October 16th at 2 pm here in Houston at the Decorative Center of Houston's Fall Market!

Thank you for being willing to give of your [ non -existent !} free time to share with your peers and interested design loving consumers who will be attending how you've used social media to grow your new design business..as well as some of the pitfalls along the way.

I know everyone who hears you will be happy they did - you have a lot to share and are a shining example of using social media successfully to build a new design business.

Have a wonderful time, too, out in California speaking at Kelli and Lori's DESIGN CAMP!

PS: You are not the only speaking on this panel who's nervous.. just take a deep breath and jump in...people are going to love you and the 4 other designers who will be sharing their social media tips and stories alongside you, too.

Have a great day!

Leslie || @tkpleslie

Meg said...

Congrats on the Casa Sugar list Paloma! Awesome! Love that insta :) Excited for next week and wish I was joining you at Design Camp!

Julie @ Belle Maison said...

I'm so looking forward to meeting you at Design Camp! I'm a little nervous about speaking too...it's not something I do very often. We'll have a great time and I know you'll do amazing! xo - Julie

Tammy Culpepper said...

I'm excited about hearing your story and lots of useful tips on how to use social media. For this newbie who has just started dipping her toes into the social media pond, anything will be helpful. Excited to meet you this week and I will definitely be at the Design Center next week a well!

Chelsea said...

Paloma you are perfect for this, you'll do great. I wish so so bad I could go to Design Camp. Hopefully I can plan more and save in advance and attend one in the near future. I'm especially curious about Pinterest tips to generate design business and drive people back to your blog. Also about managing and seeking out opportunities to work with affiliates/ partners.

Have so much fun! xo

Tiffani Stutzman said...

Hello Paloma! I will be at Design Camp and am really looking forward to hearing you speak. I am curious what social media channels you find the best for growing your design business. I recently started a blog, but can't decide what other channels are appropriate. How do you keep from being repetitive across various channels?

I look forward to meeting you!
Tiffani

Unknown said...

well, i'm glad that all three of us on the design camp panel are a little nervous- i thought it was just me! somehow though, i know we will all do just fine!

can't wait to see you!

Amanda said...

Congrats!!!! That's so exciting -- wished I lived in the area! I'd love to hear about how you use social media specifically for your biz and blog and how you think its made a difference in sales/growth. Which channels work better? What is your editorial calendar? What's your social media schedule? Are you reaching out to others via social media? How do you find the time to tweet/pin/post?

p.s. I'd love to see a post dedicated to your answers on the panel for those that can't make it!

hammerandheels.blogspot.com