photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Monday, October 14, 2013

Loving Louis Chairs

{Grant K. Gibson}

Lately, I haven't been able to get enough of Louis XVI style chairs, particularly with square backs. I have opted to use them in a few client products and have a feeling that they'll keep popping up in most of my current and future projects. You just can't go wrong with such a classic, timeless style, especially when it is so easy to make it your own through upholstery and paint selections. As you'll see in this round up, these chairs look equally fabulous grouped together in a dining room or in a single version in an office or living room. Whether you choose neutral upholstery or something bright and modern, it's hard to go wrong with a chic Louis XVI chair with a square back. 


{Nate Berkus}


{Unknown}

{Nate Berkus}

{Atlanta Lifestyles & Homes}

{Greg Natale}

{Lonny}

{Nate Berkus}

{James Andrew}

{Unknown}



{Images via Pinterest}

6 comments:

T. said...

I'm also obsessed with these chairs, especially the square-back ones. (I got the ones from Restoration Hardware during one of their 20% off sales.) I think you mean Louis XVI rather than Louis XIV though.

Jentrified said...

had some in my last house. aqua linen on the fronts and fortuny on the back. i sold them on one kings lane. WHAT A DUMMY.

Unknown said...

T, yes thank you! That was a typo.

Jentrified, I feel your pain. I sold a pair of Mies Van Der Rohe Brno Flat Bar Chairs on One Kings Lane and regret it everyday.

Unknown said...

T, yes thank you! That was a typo.

Jentrified, I feel your pain. I sold a pair of Mies Van Der Rohe Brno Flat Bar Chairs on One Kings Lane and regret it everyday.

Liz Carroll said...

Great round up of pictures! Love all of them!!

Laurel said...

I've always loved Louis XVI chairs in either square or oval backs and have used them over and over in my jobs. Timeless classics which could be formal or more modern depending on the fabric. Love that library!