photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Packing for Napa & San Francisco

I have a confession to make. As much as I travel, you would think that I would have packing down to a science, bringing only what I need for each trip and fitting it all into a carry on. Sadly, my friends, this is not the case. I am a more is more kind of girl and I like to have options—lots of them! In preparation for our trip to Napa and San Francisco next week, I have started formulating various outfits in my mind so that I will know what to pack. My process usually consists of going over my itinerary so that I know what I need to prepare for, pulling items for the trip from my closet a few days in advance and start thinking about outfits, and then of course, I pack the night before. Because California is pretty laid back in nature and because our activities will consist of wine tasting, a little shopping and sightseeing, along with some fun dinners, I want to pack around some wardrobe staples that are versatile enough for dressing up or dressing down and then layer in great jewelry, accessories, and shoes. I think I may have some last-minute shopping to do this week! Do you have a strategy for packing?

Snip20140204_12

Snip20140204_18  {Clockwise from Top Left: Eighty Six Long Sleeve V-Neck Top | LOFT Striped Roll Neck Sweater | Anthropologie Farrah Henley | J.Crew Denim Western Shirt | J.Crew Lightweight Merino Tunic | LOFT Texture Diamond Softened Shirt}

Snip20140204_13

Snip20140204_19

{Clockwise from Top Left: J.Crew Matchstick Jean in Pitch Black | J.Crew Matchstick Jean in Classic Rinse | J.Crew Toothpick Jean in Tuxedo Stripe | Rockstar Camouflage Cargos | MiH Marrakesh Flare Jeans in Black}

Snip20140204_14

Snip20140204_20

{Clockwise from Top Left: Tory Burch Leena Suede Booties | J.Crew Collection Cleo Calf Hair Loafers | Chinese Laundry Kristin Cavallari Raylin BootiesJ.Crew Blakeley Shimmer Linen PumpsJ.Crew Callie Metallic Sandals | Tory Burch Carolyn Wedge Sandal}

Snip20140204_15

Snip20140204_21

      {J.Crew Vivid Lemon Crystal Necklace | Kenneth Jay Lane Gold Plated Horn Necklace | J.Crew Crystal Petal Necklace | Jules Smith Gold Americana Classic BangleKenneth Jay Lane Gold-Plated Chain Link Bracelet | Dean Davidson Knock-Out Stud Earrings | Kenneth Jay Lane Beaded Tassel Earrings | Kelly Wearstler Fulham Ring | Dean Davidson Castle Ring}

Snip20140204_17

Snip20140204_22  {Clockwise from Top Left: Tory Burch Robinson Perforated Middy Satchel | J.Crew Panama Hat | J.Crew Claremont Mini Purse | Madewell Outbound Jacket | Madewell Wander Trench | Madewell Duskfall Blazer}

Signature-3

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love both San Francisco and Napa but am always surprised at how 60 some degrees in San Francisco can be so cold where it would be a heat wave in the midwest!

Last year I learned to roll my clothes and it does create much more room in the suitcase! Have heard the tip for years but I was skeptical.

I always pack the night before too ... and I call it panic packing. I start to second guess my wardrobe.

Enjoy!

Triple Crème Decadence said...

I always pack the night before! When it comes to packing, I tend to over things and end up bringing more than necessary. :)

kberry said...

Please Instagram your outfits while you're gone. We're headed to Napa in a couple of months and want to see how it comes together! Have a great time.

kberry said...

Please Instagram your outfits while you're away. We're headed to SF and Napa in a few months and I'd love to see how your outfits come together. Have fun!

kberry said...

Please Instagram your outfits while you're away. We're headed to SF and Napa in a few months and I'd love to see how your outfits come together. Have fun!

kberry said...

Please Instagram your outfits while you're away. We're headed to SF and Napa in a few months and I'd love to see how your outfits come together. Have fun!

kberry said...

Please Instagram your outfits while you're away. We're headed to SF and Napa in a few months and I'd love to see how your outfits come together. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you get a flu shot before you go.

Unknown said...

Great ideas! Definitely using these wardrobe ideas for my move to Las Vegas!

Love your blog. It is very inspiring. :)

http://theaestheticgrace.blogspot.com

Xoxo,
Christine

Beryn said...

Be sure to bring a raincoat as we're finally getting our long overdue wet weather. Packing tip: I pack in layers on metal hangers from Tumi, then each hanger gets its own plastic dry cleaner bag. Even silk and linen come out wrinkle free for immediate wearing!